PGA Jr. League exists to bring communities together through fun, team golf experiences. The aim is to make PGA Jr. League accessible to all children, regardless of circumstance. PGA Jr. League highlights team play versus individual competition and serves as a feeder system to transition youth golfers to existing junior golf programs. The First Tee of Augusta will host four weeks of PGA Junior league this summer. Each league will last two weeks. No prior golf experience is necessary. PGAJL is open to TFTA Members only.
DATES – see you in 2021!
Participants will need:
- Portable chair
- Mask (Must be worn inside the golf shop or when working with a coach one on one)
- Hand sanitizer
- Golf equipment – Golf clubs, Balls, Glove, Tees, and Ball marker (contact us if you need equipment)
- Bottled water (Coolers will not be on the course)
- Push or pull carts are allowed (If needed) (TFTA will not be providing)
- Rain gear (Practices and Matches will be played in rain. Participants will come inside in the event of lightening.)
- Lunch/snacks are allowed (TFTA will not store any items)
Check in: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL PARTICIPANTS TEMP HAS BEEN CHECKED
8:30 am – Morning session
12:30 pm – Afternoon session
Please do not drop off students until their temperature has been checked.
- Participants temperatures will be checked each morning during check-in with touchless thermometers
- Temp checks will begin at designated check-in times
- Participants with temps above 100.4 will not be allowed to remain at TFTA
- Parents will sign participants in once temp has been taken and logged
- Participants must be signed out before leaving
- Social distancing guidelines of 6′ will be enforced throughout the day
- Participants will have a designated location in the golf shop to accommodate for social distancing
- From 12:00pm – 1:00pm the golf shop and all other PGAJL related equipment will be sanitized in preparation for the next session.
- Participants are welcome to stay and practice after their session ends. However, due to social distancing requirements golf shop occupancy limits have been reduced. Therefore, participants will not be allowed to remain in the building after their scheduled league time, other than to make purchases or use of the restrooms.
- Participants will be able to use personal chairs in designated locations on the driving range
- Participants will be monitored by coaches during on course play to help ensure safety guidelines.
- Coaches must wear masks during instructional times
- Touchless instructional techniques will be used during skill practice on the range, putting green, and short game areas
- Spectators will only be allowed to observe matches on Fridays.
- Match times
Morning Matches 10am
Afternoon Matches 2pm
- No spectator carts allowed
- Spectators must have a mask on when entering the golf shop
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced
- Spectators will not be permitted to have contact with their participants during matches
- Spectators are welcome to bring portable chairs
- Match times
Thank you for your cooperation during these challenging times. We look forward seeing you back on the course.