Tuesday, maY 19, 2020
(Last updated Thursday, May 14, 2020)
The First Tee of Augusta golf course and driving range are scheduled to re-open on Tuesday, May 19, 2020. Adjusted Operating hours will be 9:00am – 6:00pm.
Organized youth programming will not resume until the state of Georgia Covid-19 status is upgraded to Phase II. Camp and PGA Jr. League details and the associated precautionary measures will be made available once they have been finalized.
We are excited about reopening! In an effort to keep EVERYONE safe, The First Tee of Augusta will be implementing the following precautionary measures. We understand the associated inconveniences but ask that EVERYONE respect the following measures that are being set forth so that we can all remain safe, healthy and slow the spread of Covid-19:
- ALL persons are required to wear mask/face covering inside the golf shop and within 6 feet of other people. Due to the limited supply of PPE, TFTA is only able to provide masks for employees and volunteers at this time.
- Patrons who chose not to wear a mask may call from outside the golf shop to check in or purchase range balls.
- All persons will be required to sanitize hands before entering the building.
- The rear golf shop door will serve as the primary building entry point. (Front entrance will remain unlocked in case of an emergency.)
- No more than 10 people will be permitted in the golf shop at a time.
- Patrons are to stay behind marked areas around the front counter when checking in and respect others in the building by maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- The use of credit/ debit and gift cards is encouraged over cash.
- Credit/Debit/Gift Cards will be placed on the counter then entered by the front desk attendant. (If the customer would like to read the card number aloud, they are welcome to do so)
- Golf shop high contact surfaces (ie. doorknobs, countertops, sink knobs, keyboards, computer screens, credit card machine) will be cleaned and sanitized every 1- 2 hours.
- Building will be sanitized with disinfectant mist twice a week.
The following areas/items are NOT ACCESSIBLE at this time to minimize the spread of Covid-19:
- Snack Bar area to include the water fountain, vending machines and microwave. (Drinks and snacks will be available for purchase at the front desk.)
- Golf shop merchandise to include clubs, shoes, Birdie Bucks and TFTA merchandise. (Tees and balls will still be available for purchase)
- Classroom and back office
- Golf shop sofas and chairs
- Golf Carts
- Loaner clubs and pull carts
- Golf course coolers, ball washers, shoe cleaners, benches, score card holders, bunker rakes and flag sticks.
- Outdoor benches (Patrons are welcome to bring their own lawn chairs but will be required to maintain safe social distancing.)
The First Tee of Augusta appreciates all donations. To help slow the spread of Covid-19 we have made the following changes to our donation acceptance criteria:
What we are currently accepting the following donated items:
- Golf clubs
- Golf balls
What we are NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING the following donated items in order to slow the spread of Covid-19:
- Cloth travel cases
- Used gloves
- Miscellaneous items
Thank you for your patience and perseverance as we navigate this challenging time.